Recipe: Scalloped Potatoes with Ham
Scalloped Potatoes and Nordic Creamery Ham
From: Sarah - Nordic Creamery
This recipe is one of our family’s favorites. It
features our handcrafted Butter and our home grown
buttermilk fed pork.
- 6 tablespoons Nordic Creamery Butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups milk
- 6 medium peeled or unpeeled potatoes, thinly
sliced (6 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked Nordic Creamery Ham
- 2 tablespoon Nordic Creamery Butter
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 2-quart casserole with
- In 2-quart saucepan, melt 6 tablespoons butter
over medium heat. Cook onion in butter about 2
minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir
in flour, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring
constantly, until smooth and bubbly; remove from
heat. Stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring
constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Mix potatoes and ham in casserole; gently press
down so surface is even. Pour sauce over potato
mixture. Cut 2 tablespoon butter into small pieces;
sprinkle over potatoes.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 1
hour to 1 hour 10 minutes longer or until potatoes
are tender. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving
(sauce thickens as it stands).
- I often double this recipe in a deep jelly roll
Recipe from Sarah Bekkum.
Go Back to Recipes